Entry constitutes agreement with the Rules and Regulations as set forth in the application. Please read the application's rules on WAB carefully and communicate it to all appropriate parties of your organization prior to registering your title on Withoutabox.com and mailing the DVD screeners of the film. The submission of this form does not guarantee any Nomination of your film for MIFF Awards.
IMPORTANT: Texts, images, film infos, entry fee and so forth must be uploaded and paid via Withoutabox.com, but please note that two (2) DVD screeners of the film need to be physically mailed to the appropriate MIFF office address (see ADDRESSES FOR SELECTION PURPOSE below).
FEATURE AND DOCUMENTARY FILMS/GREEN SCREEN
$ 45 by December 31, 2015 - $ 75 by February 27, 2015.
All entry payments are accepted in U.S. dollar, are due via WITHOUTABOX.COM and are non-refundable. The DVD screeners must be sent to:
Leonardo Da Vinci Film Society
MIFF Awards - Feature&Documentary Nominations
Att. Anna Kim
2014 N. Sycamore Ave. 2nd floor, Hollywood CA - 90068 USA
$ 35 by December 31, 2014 - $ 55 by March 4, 2015.
All entry payments are accepted in U.S. dollar, are due via WITHOUTABOX.COM and are non-refundable. The DVD screener must be sent to:
Leonardo Da Vinci Film Society
MIFF Awards - Short Nominations
Viale Lazio, 1, Milan 20135 Italy
MIFF Awards 2015 accepts films completed after January 1, 2014. Please note that: if films have never been shown in Italy - not even at other festivals or events - and so it will be an Italian premiere, there is no completion date requirement.
OPPORTUNITY (FOR FEATURE FILMS CATEGORY NON-ITALIAN LANGUAGE ONLY): if the film will be provided with Italian subtitles - and both English for non-English films - the fee will be waived, and returned. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to know how.
1) Film entries submitted to MIFF Awards go through the selection process by our programming committee. The selected films are then notified of their "nominated for awards" status.
2) The nominated films are then privately screened for Leonardo Da Vinci Film Society (LDVFS) Members to determine the winner in each category.
3) Subsequently, the Film Nominees are invited to Milan to participate to the screenings and MIFF Awards Ceremony and Gala (hotel accommodation expenses paid by LDVFS - travel expenses at the current prices will be reimbursed only to the winners if staying for their screenings).
All nominated films are exhibited privately to LDVFS Members only prior to the festival and therefore still able to maintain their premiere status.
Here below the Terms and Conditions of Entry to which all applicants voluntarily agree submitting the film to the festival.
1. The Selection or Programming Committee's decisions (for the Nominations), LDVFS Members' (for the different Categories Winners) and Audience's voting opinions (for Best Film Top Leonardo's Horse Award Category) are final.
2. IMPORTANT: Texts, images, film infos, entry fee and so forth must be uploaded and paid via Withoutabox.com, but please note that two (2) DVD screeners of the film need to be physically mailed to the appropriate MIFF office address (see DIFFERENT FEATURE AND SHORT ADDRESSES FOR SELECTION PURPOSE).
3. MIFF reserves the rights to show all the Nominee films to LDVFS Members (close to the public) and Awarded films to a public audience during the festival dates and to LDVFS events. Short films may be screened on MIFF Website for LDVFS' Members only, during the voting session and/or during the festival date.
4. A filmmaker announced as a Nominee will be provided with one (1) hotel room to participate to the Award Ceremony. If a Feature or Documentary film is announced as a Winner, they will be offered one (1) hotel room to participate at the festival's Winner screenings and reimbursed of one (1) Flight R/T to Milan by LDVFS organization for the Awarded. Different Category rules apply.
5. The entrants are responsible for the R/T shipping expenses of the format accepted to Milan for the festival and LDVFS Members private views to allow the Winner ballot in each category. MIFF Awards organization will not be responsible for all other associated shipping costs (ie. promotion materials, etc.). Please be aware that different projection Formats and Category rules apply.
6. DVDs submitted for selection previews will not be returned. Please, do not send your original.
7. Missing information may delay processing and/or cause rejection of application. Entries will not be considered unless the submission is completed and the entry fee is paid online at WITHOUTABOX.COM.
8. Films/videos that have received television exposure, including network, cable, pay TV and/or theatrical release in Italy prior to the Award Ceremony are not eligible for MIFF Awards. Different rules apply for TV categories.
9. Work-in-progress will be considered only if a “first cut” can be previewed.
10. More than one entry may be submitted by a single applicant. An Entry online, a corresponding Entry Fee on WITHOUTABOX.COM and a WAB code (to be written on the top the DVD screeners of the film) must accompany each and every entry.
11. Non-profit Cultural Association LDVFS reserves the right to use footage, title and information of the nominated films for promotional purposes on media (web included) as set forth by the Law. MIFF Awards organization also might request the right to use Nominee or Winner films at any LDVFS or MIFF Awards-hosted/affiliated event internationally.
12. If your film is nominated for Awards, original format print/tape (or format accepted) must arrive at the Print Traffic Milan’s Office one week prior LDVFS Member's screening (should there be any problem with delivery, please contact us immediately). If exhibition material is not received by this date without written notification, the scheduled entry may be forfeited and replaced (Print Traffic Office Address will be given out shortly after the Nominees are announced).
13. Films submitted must provide press kit material as set forth in the Withoutabox.com submission process and highlighted in the Memorandum Page. A video-trailer downloadable from the internet in a Web format will be requested to the Nominee films announced. Different materials apply to different categories, and various items may be added if the film will be Awarded as a Winner.
14. Film produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles. If selected as a Nominee, complete dialogue in English of the movie must be provided in a Word doc format. English language films will be screened with Italian subtitles*; Italian language films will be screened with English subtitles. All other films will be screened with Italian and English subtitles. MIFF Awards Nominees grant permission to “audio-describe” the film for the sight-impaired and to translate and dub dialogues in Italian for promotion purposes.
*OPPORTUNITY (FOR FEATURE FILMS CATEGORY NON-ITALIAN LANGUAGE ONLY): if the film will be provided with Italian subtitles - and both English for non-English films - the fee will be waived, and returned. Please contact email@example.com to know how.
15. If informed in advance, Nominees and Winners are strictly prohibited from communicating their winning status before the Award Ceremony. Divulging the winning status may result in the withdrawal of the Nominee Status or the award.
16. Title of work and category of submission must be labeled or well written on DVDs sent for selection.
17. IMPORTANT: all non-Italian films must follow the procedure to be imported temporarily for Cultural porpuse. Please inquire at your expedition companies on regulations for clearing films and videotapes through Italian customs with the minimum charge. Extra fees on customs expenses due to negligence/misinformation will be quoted and charged to the sender.
18. Nominee and Winner films are invited to quote the recognition and the respective logo for all activities related to the promotional life of the film and distribution, in Italy and around the world.
19. MIFF Awards organization, Non-profit Cultural Association LDVFS, reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or Festival scheduling without prior notice. The changes will be addressed in writing via email to all submitted films.